ULLESKELF, a township, in the parish of Kirkby-Wharfe, Upper division of the wapentake of Barkstone-Ash,W. riding of York, 4½ miles (S.E.) from Tadcaster; containing 491 inhabitants. It comprises 1260 acres, chiefly the property of John Shilleto, Esq., lord of the manor. The soil is generally fertile; the common was inclosed in 1838, and has been brought into cultivation. The village is pleasantly situated on the south side of the Wharfe, over which the York and North-Midland railway is carried, by a viaduct of nine arches. There is a place of worship for Wesleyans.