Tresmeer (St. Nicholas)
TRESMEER (St. Nicholas), a parish, in the union of Launceston, N. division of the hundred of East, E. division of Cornwall, 7½ miles (W. by N.) from Launceston; containing 182 inhabitants. It comprises 1344 acres, of which 108 are common or waste. The river Ottery separates the parish on the north from that of North Petherwin, and the road from Launceston to Camelford passes through it. Stone is quarried for building, and there are mines of manganese, but not at present worked. A small fair for cattle and sheep is held on the 20th of July. The living is a perpetual curacy, with a net income of £85; it is in the patronage of the Crown. The tithes have been commuted for £130. The church was erected about the year 1486, and is now much dilapidated. Here is a place of worship for Wesleyans.