TINCLETON, a parish, in the union of Dorchester, hundred of Piddletown, Dorchester division of Dorset, 5¼ miles (E.) from Dorchester; containing 187 inhabitants. It is bounded on the south by the river Frome, and comprises 1000 acres by computation. The living is a perpetual curacy, valued in the king's books at £5. 11. 8.; net income, £92; patron, H. C. Sturt, Esq.: the glebe contains about 4 acres. The church is a small structure, the burial-place of the Baynards, of Cliff, of which family it has several memorials.