Tarrant-Rushton (St. Mary)
TARRANT-RUSHTON (St. Mary), a parish, in the union of Blandford, hundred of Cranborne, Wimborne division of Dorset, 3¾ miles (E.) from Blandford; containing 184 inhabitants. The parish comprises 1221 acres, of which 30 are common or waste; the soil is chalky. The village is situated in a valley, on the Tarrant rivulet. The living is a rectory, valued in the king's books at £4. 19. 2.; net income, £219; patron, Sir J. W. Smith. Here was an hospital or chantry, dedicated to St. Leonard, and granted to the prior of Christchurch-Twynham in the 7th of Edward III.