Piddletrenthide (All Saints)
PIDDLETRENTHIDE (All Saints), a parish, in the union of Cerne, liberty of Piddletrenthide, Cerne division of Dorset, 7½ miles (N. by E.) from Dorchester; containing 671 inhabitants. The living is a vicarage, valued in the king's books at £19. 10. 5.; net income, £211; patrons and appropriators, the Dean and Chapter of Winchester. The great tithes have been commuted for £420, and the vicarial for £88; the glebe comprises 3 acres. John Harding, in 1750, left the sum of £431. 13., the interest to be applied in teaching children.