Norton-Fitzwarren (All Saints)
NORTON-FITZWARREN (All Saints), a parish, in the union of Taunton, hundred of Taunton and Taunton-Dean, W. division of Somerset, 2¾ miles (W. N. W.) from Taunton; containing 606 inhabitants. It comprises 1257 acres. The canal from Taunton to Tiverton passes through. The living is a rectory, valued in the king's books at £20. 10. 10., and in the gift of Charles Welman, Esq., lord of the manor: the tithes have been commuted for £283, and the glebe comprises 7½ acres. The church is an ancient structure; the chancel is separated from the nave by a richly-carved screen. On an eminence above the church are traces of a circular encampment.