MOTCOMB, a parish, in the union of Shaftesbury, liberty of Gillingham, Shaston division of Dorset, 1½ mile (N. N. W.) from Shaftesbury; containing 1538 inhabitants. The living is annexed, with the livings of East and West Stower, to the vicarage of Gillingham: the rectorial tithes have been commuted for £350, and the vicarial for £700; the glebe contains 2½ acres. The present parish church is in the later English style, and contains 460 sittings: the first stone was laid by Lord Robert Grosvenor in August, 1846. At Enmore Green is a church consecrated in August, 1843; it is a Norman cruciform structure, with a tower at the intersection of the nave and transepts. There is a place of worship for Wesleyans.