Moreton (St. Magnus the Martyr)
MORETON (St. Magnus the Martyr), a parish, in the union of Wareham and Purbeck, hundred of Winfrith, Wareham division of Dorset, 8 miles (E. by S.) from Dorchester; containing 294 inhabitants. It comprises 2311 acres, of which 801 are common or waste. The living is a rectory, valued in the king's books at £9. 19. 2., and in the gift of James Frampton, Esq.: the tithes have been commuted for £262, and the glebe comprises 38 acres. The church was rebuilt by James Frampton, Esq., in 1776.