MICKLEFIELD, a chapelry, in the parish of Sherburn, Upper division of the wapentake of Barkstone-Ash, W. riding of York, 6½ miles (N. N. W.) from Ferry-Bridge; containing 474 inhabitants. The chapelry comprises 1755 acres, of which 25 are common or waste land; it abounds in limestone, under which are strata of sand and grit stone. A pit was sunk in 1835, to a bed of coal four feet in thickness. The village is on the great north road, about 2½ miles westward of Sherburn; and a station on the line of the Leeds and Selby railway is situated here, close to the road to Wetherby. The tithes have been commuted for £76, of which £6 are payable to the vicar. The chapel was built in the year 1700. There is a place of worship for a congregation of Wesleyans.