Mickfield (St. Andrew)
MICKFIELD (St. Andrew), a parish, in the union and hundred of Bosmere and Claydon, E. division of Suffolk, 1 mile (E.) from Stonham; containing 263 inhabitants. It comprises by measurement 1300 acres, of which about three-fourths are arable, and the remainder meadow and pasture: the soil is a strong fertile loam on blue and white clay; the surface is elevated, but level. The living is a rectory, valued in the king's books at £9. 11. 0½.; patron and incumbent, the Rev. Maltyward Simpson: the tithes have been commuted for £390, and the glebe comprises 25 acres. The church is a handsome structure in the decorated English style, with a tower on the south side.