Menwith, with Darley
MENWITH, with Darley, a township, in the parish of Hampsthwaite, union of Pateley-Bridge, Lower division of the wapentake of Claro, W. riding of York, 11½ miles (W. by N.) from Knaresborough; containing 725 inhabitants. It comprises about 2730 acres, forming a district of scattered houses southward of the river Nidd. There are places of worship for Wesleyans and the Society of Friends. In 1748, William Day gave land for education, now producing £36 per annum.