Mentmore (St. Mary)
MENTMORE (St. Mary), a parish, in the union of Leighton-Buzzard, hundred of Cottesloe, county of Buckingham, 3½ miles (S. by W.) from Leighton-Buzzard; containing, with the hamlet of Ledburn, 348 inhabitants, of whom 179 are in the township of Mentmore. The parish comprises by admeasurement 1525 acres, of which 500 are arable, and the remainder meadow and pasture; the soil is principally clay, and the surface hilly. The London and Birmingham railway passes about a mile to the east of the church. The living is a discharged vicarage, valued in the king's books at £6. 17. 1.; patron, C. Harcourt, Esq.