Menthorp, with Bowthorp
MENTHORP, with Bowthorp, a township, in the parish of Hemingbrough, union of Howden, wapentake of Ouse and Derwent, E. riding of York, 7½ miles (N. W. by N.) from Howden; containing 82 inhabitants, of whom 44 are in Menthorp. The township comprises 1595 acres: the village or hamlet is situated on the west bank of the Derwent. The impropriate tithes have been commuted for £151. 12. 6.; and the vicarial for £19. 12., payable to the incumbent of Skipwith.