MEERBROOK, a chapelry, in the township of Leek-Frith, parish and union of Leek, N. division of the hundred of Totmonslow and of the county of Stafford, 3 miles (N.) from Leek; containing 631 inhabitants. The living is a perpetual curacy; net income, £105; patron, the Vicar of Leek. The chapel, dedicated to St. Matthew, is a small edifice with a square tower. Some children are educated for £12. 5. per annum, the proceeds of bequests by John Stoddard and Roger Morris, the former in 1673. In the neighbourhood are the Leek rocks, stupendous overhanging masses, two miles in length, with scattered fragments at their bases and in other parts of the valley.