Mautby (St. Peter and St. Paul)
MAUTBY (St. Peter and St. Paul), a parish, in the East and West Flegg incorporation, hundred of East Flegg, E. division of Norfolk, 2¾ miles (W. by N.) from Caistor; containing 66 inhabitants. It comprises by computation 1600 acres, of which 960 are arable, and 650 meadow and marsh land. The living is a rectory, valued in the king's books at £13. 6. 8., and in the gift of Robert Fellowes, Esq.: the tithes have been commuted for £580, and the glebe comprises 46 acres. The church is in the early and decorated English styles, with a tower of earlier date, octagonal in the upper part, and circular in the lower.