Marton (St. Esperit)
MARTON (St. Esperit), a parish, in the union of Rugby, Southam division of the hundred of Knightlow, S. division of the county of Warwick, 4¾ miles (N. by W.) from Southam; containing 324 inhabitants. The parish is situated on the road from Coventry to Oxford, at the confluence of the rivers Itchen and Leame; and comprises 1009a. 2r. 21p. The living is a discharged vicarage, valued in the king's books at £7. 14. 8., and has a net income of £160; the patronage and impropriation belong to Mrs. Knightley. The tithes were commuted for land and money payments in 1802; the glebe consists of 116 acres. The church is ancient. There is a place of worship for Independents.