MARTIN, ST., a parish, in the union of Liskeard, hundred of West, E. division of Cornwall; containing, with the town of East Looe, 1402 inhabitants. The parish is bounded on the west by Looe harbour, and on the south by the English Channel; and comprises by computation 2719 acres, of which 2324 are arable, 257 woodland, and 66 pasture. The living is a rectory, valued in the king's books at £36. 2. 3½., and in the patronage of the Dowager Countess of Sandwich and the family of Vane: the tithes have been commuted for £415, and there are 108 acres of glebe. The church is an ancient structure. At East Looe is a district church. The Wesleyans have a place of worship. Here was formerly a nunnery.