Marthall, with Little Warford
MARTHALL, with Little Warford, a township, in the parish of Rosthern, union of Altrincham, hundred of Bucklow, N. division of the county of Chester, 3¼ miles (E. S. E.) from Knutsford; containing 254 inhabitants. The township comprises 1636 acres, of clay land; the surface is level, and the cultivation is solely with a view to the dairy. The hamlet of Little Warford is east-south-east of Marthall. A separate incumbency has been founded, which is in the gift of W. Egerton, Esq.