Marsworth (All Saints)
MARSWORTH (All Saints), a parish, in the union of Berkhampstead, hundred of Cottesloe, county of Buckingham, 2 miles (N.) from Tring; containing 472 inhabitants. The parish comprises by computation 1200 acres, of which about 1050 are arable, and 150 pasture. The Grand Junction canal passes through it, and the London and Birmingham railway within a mile of the church. The living is a vicarage, valued in the king's books at £9. 9. 7.; net income, £136; patrons and impropriators, the Master and Fellows of Trinity College, Cambridge: the tithes were commuted for land and a money payment in 1809. The church has an appearance of considerable antiquity; in the windows are some fragments of stained glass, and parts of the floor are of Roman brick. The Roman Ikeneld-street bounds the parish on the south-east, and in forming the Junction canal numerous swords, urns, coins, and other relics of Roman antiquity were discovered.