Marston-Montgomery (St. Giles)
MARSTON-MONTGOMERY (St. Giles), a parish, in the union of Uttoxeter, hundred of Appletree, S. division of the county of Derby, 6¾ miles (S. W. by S.) from Ashbourn; containing 477 inhabitants. The parish comprises 2439 acres of land, and has a village pleasantly seated on a gentle acclivity, and several farms, of which Marston Lodge is now one. There are 88 acres of common. The living is a rectory, annexed to that of Cubley: the tithes have been commuted for £140. The church consists of a nave, chancel, gallery at the west end, and a tower, and appears to have been a larger structure: it was repaired in 1824, at a cost of £400. A meeting-house was built in 1845.