MARSTON, a chapelry, in the parish of St. Mary, union of Stafford, S. division of the hundred of Pirehill, N. division of the county of Stafford, 2¾ miles (N.) from Stafford; containing 178 inhabitants. It comprises about 1500 acres of land, the soil of which is a rich loam; a considerable extent of waste was inclosed in 1800, when 125 acres were given to the parishioners in lieu of their right of common. The living is a perpetual curacy; net income, £140; patron, the Rector of St. Mary's. The impropriate tithes have been commuted for £242, payable to the trustees of the Stafford charities, and the small tithes for £100. The chapel is a neat edifice of stone, with a campanile turret.