Marsham (All Saints)
MARSHAM (All Saints), a parish, in the union of Aylsham, hundred of South Erpingham, E. division of Norfolk, 2 miles (S.) from Aylsham; containing 698 inhabitants. The parish comprises 1819a. 1r. 28p., of which 1230 acres are arable, 154 meadow and pasture, and 187 heath and waste inclosed in 1801, and allotted to the poor. The manufacture of worsted and bombasin is carried on. The living is a discharged rectory, valued in the king's books at £10. 12. 9., and in the gift of the Blake and Yates families: the tithes have been commuted for £30 payable to the Dean and Chapter of Norwich, and £330 to the rector; the glebe comprises 65 acres. The church is in the early and later English styles, with a low tower; the nave is separated from the chancel by a carved oak screen, and the font is richly sculptured. There are places of worship for Primitive Methodists. The poor receive £16. 5., the rent of land purchased with £100 bequeathed by Thomas Bulwer, Esq., and subsequent donations.