MARSDEN, LITTLE, a chapelry, in the parochial chapelry of Colne, parish of Whalley, union of Burnley, Higher division of the hundred of Blackburn, N. division of Lancashire, 3 miles ( N. N. E.) from Burnley; containing 3171 inhabitants. Little Marsden was anciently in the possession of the Walton family. It comprises by measurement 1200 acres, the whole in pasture. The road from Burnley to Colne, and the Liverpool and Leeds canal, pass through the western portion of the township, nearly in a parallel direction. The chapel existed prior to the Reformation; it was rebuilt in the beginning of the present century, and has since been enlarged: the living is a perpetual curacy; gross income, £150; patrons, the Hulme Trustees.