Market-Weston (St. Mary)
MARKET-WESTON (St. Mary), a parish, in the union of Thetford, hundred of Blackbourn, W. division of Suffolk, 6 miles (S.) from East Harling; containing 330 inhabitants. It is situated on the road from Bury, through Buckenham to Norwich; the scenery is varied, and the seat of the Thruston family is within the parish. The living is a discharged rectory, valued in the king's books at £8. 19. 7., and in the patronage of the Rev. H. T. Wilkinson, incumbent: the tithes have been commuted for £324. 19. 1., and there are 16 acres of glebe. The church, which occupies a gentle eminence, is a handsome structure in the later English style, with a square embattled tower, and has a porch of earlier date; it was re-opened at the end of 1845, after a complete renovation, effected at a cost of £2000. A rectoryhouse was built in 1837.