MARK-EATON, a township, in the parish of Mackworth, union of Belper, hundred of Morleston and Litchurch, S. division of the county of Derby, 1¾ mile (W. N. W.) from Derby; containing 200 inhabitants. It comprises 1912½ acres of rich land, and has a small ancient village. The Hall is a large brick mansion with a spacious park in front, erected about 1750. The township is entitled to an annual payment of £12. 12. for apprenticing a boy, the gift of German Pole, of Radbourn, in 1682.