MARDEN, NORTH, a parish, in the union of West Bourne, hundred of Westbourne, and Singleton, rape of Chichester, W. division of Sussex, 7 miles (S. E.) from Petersfield; containing 24 inhabitants. It is situated on the road from Petersfield to Chichester, and comprises by computation 700 acres, of which 300 are arable and 400 down pasture. The living is a discharged rectory, valued in the king's books at £6. 17. 8., and in the patronage of Capt. Phipps Hornby: the tithes have been commuted for £68, and the glebe comprises 13¾ acres. The church is in the early English style, with a circular east end; it was restored and newpewed in 1836, chiefly at the expense of the patron.