Marcham (All Saints)
MARCHAM (All Saints), a parish, in the union of Abingdon, hundred of Ock, county of Berks, 2½ miles (W. by S.) from Abingdon; containing, with the chapelry of Garford, the township of Frilford, and the hamlet of Cothill, 1109 inhabitants, of whom 760 are in the township of Marcham. The parish comprises 4069a. 3r. 7p. The living is a vicarage, valued in the king's books at £14. 15. 7½.; net income, £455; patrons and appropriators, the Dean and Canons of Christ-Church, Oxford: the tithes were commuted for land in 1815. The church was rebuilt, except the tower, in 1837, at an expense of £2000, of which a considerable portion was given by Thomas Duffield, Esq. At Garford is a chapel of ease.