MARBURY, a parish, in the union and hundred of Nantwich, S. division of the county of Chester; containing, with the township of Norbury, 784 inhabitants, of whom 383 are in the township of Marbury cum Quoisley, 3 miles (N. N. E.) from Whitchurch. This parish, which takes its name from two meres, called respectively the greater and the less, is situated at the extremity of the county, bordering upon Shropshire. It comprises 3152 acres, of which 1754 are in Marbury cum Quoisley; the soil is a light sand, with some peat. The parish is intersected by a branch of the Chester and Ellesmere canal. Courts leet are held for the manors of Marbury and Norbury. The living is united to the rectory of Whitchurch: the tithes have been commuted for £327, and the glebe comprises 9 acres. The church, an ancient structure, has an elegant chancel, rebuilt by the late Earl of Bridgewater. There are several charitable bequests in money, amounting to about £300, with two small crofts of land and some rent-charges.