Manton (St. Hibald)
MANTON (St. Hibald), a parish, in the union of Glandford-Brigg, partly in the wapentake of Corringham, and partly in the E. division of that of Manley, parts of Lindsey, county of Lincoln, 5¼ miles (S. W. by W.) from Glandford-Brigg; containing, with the township of Cleatham, and the hamlet of Twigmoor, 182 inhabitants. The living is a rectory, valued in the king's books at £13. 6. 8.; net income, £252; patron, M. D. D. Dalyson, Esq. The tithes were in part commuted for land in 1805.