MANSERGH, a chapelry, in the parish of Kirkby-Lonsdale, union of Kendal, Lonsdale ward, county of Westmorland, 3½ miles (N. N. W.) from Kirkby-Lonsdale; containing 232 inhabitants. It is a wild district situated on the west side of the river Lune, and comprises about 3000 acres. An act was passed in 1837, for inclosing 900 acres of waste land, of which a few were appropriated for the recreation of the inhabitants. The living is a perpetual curacy; net income, £85; patron, the Vicar of Kirkby-Lonsdale; impropriators, the Master and Fellows of Trinity College, Cambridge, whose tithes have been commuted for £124. The chapel, dedicated to St. Peter, was built in the year 1726. There is a school, erected and endowed by Christopher Wilson, Esq.