Manby (St. Mary)
MANBY (St. Mary), a parish, in the union of Louth, Marsh division of the hundred of Louth-Eske, parts of Lindsey, county of Lincoln, 5½ miles (E. by S.) from the town of Louth; containing 211 inhabitants. The parish comprises by computation about 1500 acres; the surface is rather level, and the soil strong. The living is a discharged rectory, valued in the king's books at £11. 10. 2.; net income, £482; patron, the Rev. John Waite: the tithes were commuted for 346 acres of land, and a money payment, in 1815. There is a place of worship for Wesleyans.