MALVERN-WELLS, an ecclesiastical district, in the parish of Hanley-Castle, union of Upton-upon-Severn, Lower division of the hundred of Pershore, Upton and W. divisions of the county of Worcester, 2 miles (S.) from Malvern, on the road to Ledbury; containing 300 permanent residents. This place is romantically situated on the west side of the parish, and commands extensive and pleasing prospects to the north, east, and south. Many families of respectability reside here; and excellent lodging-houses are occupied during the summer months by visiters drawn hither by the salubrity of the air, and the virtues of the Holy Well, which is celebrated for its purity. On an analysis, the water is found to contain, in an imperial gallon, 1.6 grains of carbonate of lime, 5·33 carbonate of soda, ·9199 carbonate of magnesia, ·625 carbonate of iron, 2·896 sulphate of soda, 1·553 muriate of soda, and 1·687 of residuum. Every accommodation is provided for drinking the water, and for hot and cold bathing. The living is a perpetual curacy, in the patronage of the Rev. Peter Edward Boissier, M.A., Christ-Church, Oxford. The church, dedicated to St. Peter, is a cruciform structure in the early English style, built in 1836 at the sole expense of the patron, by whom, also, it is endowed; it has three stained-glass windows, and contains 600 sittings, of which 300 are free. A national school is supported by subscription.