MADRESFIELD, a parish, in the union of Uptonupon-Severn, Lower division of the hundred of Pershore, Upton and W. divisions of the county of Worcester, 7 miles (S. S. W.) from Worcester; containing 180 inhabitants. This parish, which is partly bounded on the east by the river Severn, comprises by admeasurement 1192 acres, whereof 356 are arable, 688 pasture, 98 woodland, and 9 in hop plantations. The surface is varied, and the soil is a rich deep loam, producing abundant crops of wheat and beans, and apples and pears in profusion. Madresfield Court, a fine old mansion approached by an avenue of trees of gigantic growth, is the seat of Earl Beauchamp. The living is a rectory, with the chapelry of Clevelode annexed, valued in the king's books at £3. 13. 11½., and in the gift of the Earl: the tithes have been commuted for £222, and the glebe comprises 15 acres. The church, a stone structure, exhibits some portions of ancient architecture, and contains 200 sittings.