Madley (St. Mary)
MADLEY (St. Mary), a parish, in the union of Dore, hundred of Webtree, county of Hereford, 7 miles (W. by S.) from Hereford; containing 932 inhabitants. The parish consists of 5037 acres of productive land, and is intersected by the road from Hereford to Hay. The living is a vicarage, with that of Tiberton annexed, valued in the king's books at £16. 1. 8., and in the patronage of the Dean and Chapter of Hereford: the tithes of the two parishes have been commuted for £1327, of which £750 are payable to the Dean and Chapter; there are 3 acres of glebe. The church is a large and handsome edifice, principally in the decorated style, with an embattled tower. Here is a place of worship for Baptists.