Lynn, West (St. Peter)
LYNN, WEST (St. Peter), a parish, in the union of Lynn, hundred of Freebridge-Marshland, W. division of Norfolk, ¾ of a mile (W.) from Lynn; containing 477 inhabitants. The parish comprises 1619a. 28p., of which about 260 acres are arable, 927 pasture and garden, and about 332 land recovered from the bed of the Old river. The village is situated on the west side of the Ouse, opposite Lynn, with which it communicates by a ferry. The living is a rectory, valued in the king's books at £9; net income, £338; patron, C. Hare, Esq. The church, erected in place of a structure destroyed by an inundation of the river in 1271, is a neat edifice with a tower, and contains a memorial in brass to Sir Adam Outlawe, who died in 1503.