Lympston (St. Mary)
LYMPSTON (St. Mary), a parish, in the union of St. Thomas, hundred of East Budleigh, Woodbury and S. divisions of Devon, 2½ miles (N.) from Exmouth; containing 999 inhabitants. The parish comprises 1120 acres, of which 54 are common or waste; it is pleasantly situated on the eastern bank of the river Exe, and the country is agreeably diversified. The living is a rectory, valued in the king's books at £15. 13. 4., and in the gift of T. Porter, Esq.: the tithes have been commuted for £263, and the glebe contains 12 acres. Here are places of worship for Wesleyans and Unitarians; and a national school partly supported by several trifling bequests.