Lydlinch (St. Thomas)
LYDLINCH (St. Thomas), a parish, in the union of Sturminster, hundred of Sherborne, Sturminster division of Dorset, 3 miles (W. by S.) from Sturminster; containing 419 inhabitants. The parish comprises 2448a. 1r. 35p., of which 149 are common or waste land. The living is a rectory, valued in the king's books at £14. 5. 10., and in the gift of F. W. Fane, Esq.: the tithes of Lydlinch have been commuted for £440, and those due from the parishes of West Parley and Horton for £60; the glebe contains 63 acres, with a house. The church was thoroughly repaired in 1839, when a handsome carved roof of oak was added at the expense of the rector and the proprietors of land.