LUND, an ecclesiastical parish, in the parish of Kirkham, union of the Fylde, hundred of Amounderness, N. division of Lancashire, 2½ miles (E. by S.) from Kirkham, and 6½ (W. by N.) from Preston; containing 862 inhabitants. This parish, which was constituted in 1840, under the provisions of the act 1st and 2nd of Victoria, cap. 106, comprises the townships of Clifton-with-Salwick and Newton-with-Scales. The Lancaster canal, and the road from Kirkham to Preston, pass through. The living is a perpetual curacy, in the patronage of the Dean and Canons of Christ-Church, Oxford, who are the impropriators; gross income, £192, with a parsonage-house. The vicarial tithes of the two townships will be added to the income on the next avoidance of Kirkham, and the value of the living will then be about £350 per annum. The church, formerly a chapel, was built in 1825, and is a stone edifice in the early English style, with a campanile turret: the cost of erection was £800.See Clifton, and Newton.