LUFFIELD-ABBEY, an extra-parochial liberty, in the union of Buckingham, hundred of Greens-Norton, S. division of the county of Northampton, 5½ miles (N. N. W.) from Buckingham; containing 5 inhabitants. A Benedictine priory, in honour of the Virgin Mary, was founded here about 1124, by Robert Bossu, Earl of Leicester. Falling into decay from the inadequacy of its endowment, it was suppressed in 1494, and annexed to the collegiate church at Windsor; but in 1500 was given to the convent of Westminster by Henry VII., who was then building the chapel still known by his name. In the reign of Edward IV. its possessions were valued at £19. 19. 2. per annum. The liberty comprises 435 acres of land.