Luddington (St. Oswald)
LUDDINGTON (St. Oswald), a parish, in the union of Goole, W. division of the wapentake of Manley, parts of Lindsey, county of Lincoln, 5 miles (N. E. by E.) from Crowle; containing, with the tything of Garthorpe, 982 inhabitants. The living consists of a rectory and a vicarage, valued in the king's books at £8; net income, £382; patrons, the family of Lister. The tithes were commuted for land and annual money payments in the year 1796. There is a place of worship for Wesleyans.