Luddenham (St. Mary)
LUDDENHAM (St. Mary), a parish, in the union and hundred of Faversham, Upper division of the lathe of Scray, E. division of Kent, 2 miles (N. W. by W.) from Faversham; containing 235 inhabitants. It consists of 1323 acres. The living is a rectory, valued in the king's books at £12. 8. 4., and in the patronage of the Crown: the tithes have been commuted for £385. 4., and the glebe contains about 2 acres. The church is in the early English style.