LUCKER, a parochial chapelry, in the union of Belford, N. division of Bambrough ward and of Northumberland, 4 miles (S. E. by E.) from Belford; containing 210 inhabitants. This chapelry, anciently Locre, comprises about 1300 acres of good land; the surface is generally level, and the soil various: there are quarries of excellent limestone and sandstone. The village is pleasantly situated on the west bank of the Waren rivulet, which empties itself into the sea at Waren Mills. The living is a perpetual curacy; net income, £62, with a parsonage-house; patron, the Duke of Northumberland; impropriator, Thomas Foster, Esq. The church, built in the year 1760, is a plain edifice with a bell tower.