LOWICK, a parish, in the union of Glendale, E. division of Glendale ward, N. division of Northumberland, 8 miles (N. by E.) from Wooler; containing 1941 inhabitants. It comprises about 12,000 acres, of which the soil is chiefly a loamy clay: coal and limestone are obtained. The village stands nearly in the centre of the parish, and consists principally of one irregular street of detached houses; the road from Wooler to Berwick passes a little to the west, in which direction also, about a mile from Lowick, is the hamlet of Barmoor. Barmoor Castle, a seat here, is a stately structure, beautifully situated amidst rising plantations. The living is a perpetual curacy; net income, £166; patrons and appropriators, the Dean and Chapter of Durham. The church was rebuilt in 1794. There is a place of worship for Presbyterians.