LOUGHTON, a chapelry, in the parish of Chetton, union of Cleobury-Mortimer, hundred of Stottesden, S. division of Salop, 9 miles (N. E. by E.) from Ludlow; containing 113 inhabitants. This chapelry, which is locally separated from the main portion of the parish, and distant from it about six miles, is situated near the road from Bridgnorth to Ludlow, about ten miles from each place. It comprises 1026 acres, of which about 44 are common or waste; the soil is generally a heavy clay, and the climate is cold, being in the immediate neighbourhood of the Brown Clee hill. The chapel is a small neat structure, which, by an inscription at the chancel end, appears to have been built by Bonham Norton in 1625. The tithes have been commuted for a rent-charge of £85.