LOTHERTON, a township, in the parish of Sherburn, Upper division of the wapentake of Barkstone-Ash, W. riding of York, 6 miles (S. S. W.) from Tadcaster; containing 564 inhabitants. This township, which includes the eastern portion of the town of Aberford, comprises 1052 acres, whereof 57 are common or waste land. Lotherton Hall is a handsome mansion in a well-wooded demesne. The tithes have been commuted for £55. 18., of which £10 are payable to the vicar.