LOTHERSDALE, an ecclesiastical district, in the parishes of Carleton and Kildwick, union of Skipton, E. division of the wapentake of Staincliffe and Ewcross, W. riding of York; containing 955 inhabitants. This is a deep valley, with detached houses scattered irregularly on its acclivities. Some quarries are wrought, and a lead-mine is in operation. A church dedicated to Christ was erected in 1838, on a site of one acre given by the Earl of Burlington, lord of the manor; and was endowed with £1000 by the Rev. Walter Levett, vicar of Carleton, and a rent-charge of £20 on the glebe lands of the living: patron, the Vicar of Carleton; total net income, £100. There are places of worship for Methodists and the Society of Friends.