Lopham, North (St. Andrew)
LOPHAM, NORTH (St. Andrew), a parish, in the union and hundred of Guilt-Cross, W. division of Norfolk, 4 miles (S. E.) from East Harling; containing 815 inhabitants. It comprises 1957a. 1r. 8p., of which 900 acres are in Lopham Park, one of the seats of the Duke of Norfolk, who is lord of the manor. The manufacture of linen is carried on. The living is a rectory, with that of South Lopham annexed, valued in the king's books at £17. 0. 5.; net income, £619; patron, R. Barrow, Esq. The tithes of North Lopham have been commuted for £303, and the glebe consists of 6 acres. The church is an ancient structure in the decorated English style, with a square embattled tower. There is a place of worship for Wesleyans. Mary Williamson, in 1696, bequeathed land now producing £14 per annum, for apprenticing children.