Longney (St. Lawrence)
LONGNEY (St. Lawrence), a parish, in the union of Wheatenhurst, Upper division of the hundred of Whitstone, E. division of the county of Gloucester, 6 miles (S. W. by W.) from Gloucester; containing 490 inhabitants. It is bounded on the west by the navigable river Severn, and comprises 1440 acres, a considerable portion consisting of orchard grounds, for which the parish is noted. The living is a discharged vicarage, valued in the king's books at £12. 1. 8., and in the patronage of the Crown; net income, £100; impropriators, the Trustees of certain charities. The tithes were commuted for land and corn-rents in 1812.