Longdon-upon-Terne (St. Bartholomew)
LONGDON-upon-Terne (St. Bartholomew), a parish, in the union of Wellington, Newport division of the hundred of South Bradford, N. division of Salop, 3½ miles (N. W. by N.) from Wellington; containing 99 inhabitants. The parish comprises 796 acres, and is situated on the road from Wellington to Ercall Magna and Wem. The Shrewsbury canal passes through the village, and is here crossed by the river Terne. The living is a donative; net income, £182; patron and impropriator, the Duke of Sutherland: the tithes have been commuted for £210. The church is a very small and plain edifice, built about 1776.