LONGCOT, a chapelry, in the parish and hundred of Shrivenham, union of Farringdon, county of Berks, 3½ miles (S. by W.) from Farringdon; containing 504 inhabitants, and comprising 1865a. 1r. 23p. The tithes were commuted for land and a money payment in 1796. The living is a perpetual curacy, in the gift of the Crown; net income, £300. The chapel is dedicated to St. Mary.